In voluntarily participating in activities of the Peninsula Bushwalking Club, I, as a full or temporary member, am aware that my participation in such activities may expose me to hazards and risks that could lead to injury, illness or death or to loss of or damage to my property. I also acknowledge that I may encounter weather conditions that could lead to hypothermia and being in locations where evacuation for medical treatment may take hours or days. In particular when participating in abseiling or above the snowline activities I am aware that these activities could expose me to additional hazards and risks described to me by the activity leader.
To minimise risks I will endeavour to ensure that
- Each activity is within my capabilities: and
- I will carry food, water and equipment appropriate for the activity.
- I will advise the activity leader if I am taking any medication or have any physical or other limitation that might affect my participation in the activity;
- I will make every effort to remain with the rest of the party during the activity;
- I will advise the leader of any concerns I am (we are) having; and
- I will comply with all reasonable instructions of club officers and the activity leader.