If you would like to become a full financial member of our club, you are required to complete three (3) walks with us as a temporary member (See “Walking as a Visitor”). This will ensure that you have the required physical ability to participate in activities organised by the club. Then download and complete the Membership Application form, submit the completed form to our treasurer along with the correct membership fee in person at a club meeting.
Once your application and payment are received, your application will be reviewed by the club’s committee. You will be informed on the application outcome via email within approximately two weeks.
There are two types of membership:
- Single membership: $35.00 (per annum)
- Family membership: $70.00 (per annum)
Membership status is defined as follows:
- Single membership is applied to persons over the age of 18, with no children.
- Family Membership is applied to two parents and any children under the age of 18
You can pay your membership fee in person at meeting. There is a discount on membership fees if joining after September.
Benefits of Membership
There is a wide range of benefits on becoming a financial member of our club.
- Full financial members are entitled to join all club activities as well as activities organised by Bushwalking Victoria. These include, but not limited to, day walks, base camps, backpacks, extended trips and a range of social events.
- The club also offers its members opportunities to undertake courses, like bushcraft, navigation and map reading, first aid and leadership.
- Members receive the club’s monthly newsletter, Boots ‘n’ All. Our newsletter contains a calendar of walks and social events, review articles on bushwalking and other outdoor activities, and activity reports of past outings with fantastic photos.
- Members are able to borrow books on bushwalking and outdoor activities and maps from our in-house library.
- A range of high quality hiking equipment is available for members to hire with no additional cost.
- Members have the right to vote for or nominate members into the club’s committee.
- Members are entitled a range of generous discounts on maps, hiking equipment and touring services available through Bushwalking Victoria. The full list (2016 – 2017) is here.
- The membership fee includes personal (limited) and public liability insurance, provided through Bushwalking Australia. Members are encouraged to also have their own private medical and ambulance cover.
- Most importantly, members are able to enjoy walking with a group of friendly fellow walkers, which positively enhances their physical and mental health being.